I need a new name!

... for a new Plasma Widget that is 😉 I've just started implementing a mashup that lists music events going on your own location (from Last.fm) and adds links to Google Maps, Social Services etc. But the beast needs a name as I think "Last.fm Events" is a tad too generic. It has to be a name that gives the user an idea of what the widget does, so it shouldn't be too imaginatively - like say Plasma, Akonadi, Funambol etc. 😉 No offense intended :-) BTW a name is also needed because I need to register at Last.fm to get an API key and I have to inform them about the applications name. It's a bit premature for something that hasn't been released even at Alpha level but that is in their ToS... There's still a long way to go but here are some screenies as an appetizer for what can be expected: =-=-=-=-= Powered by Blogilo

Flattr this!

10 Comments

1. 1
    tanghus says:

Evocation has been suggested by kudlaty

2. 2
    Stu Jarvis says:

Hmm... 'Muse'? (sounds a bit like music and can mean "a goddess that inspires a creative artist" or in this case a source of information to inspire you to go and see a creative artist)

3. 4
    Arne Babenhauserheide says:

A little brainstorm:

English phrases:

What’s up?
    What’s Hot Here?
    Cool Stuff Around Me
    What shall I do tonight?
    Who’s playing here?
    Daily Koncert (I like the K 😉 )
    Koncert finder
    NightLine music
    Where to Party?
    ListenLive
    LiveCatcher
    MusicTonight / Music Night

Esperanto:

Okazoj
    Okazilo (tool for events)

Lokaj Okazoj (local events, also sounds a bit mischievish like Loki 😉 )

Okazo means event, but also “a chance”.

4. 7
    Valorie Zimmerman says:

Might be boring, but at least it's obvious: Local Concerts. Amarok has an applet which does something similar (no map though) called Upcoming Events.

• 8
      tanghus says:

I wasn't even aware that Amarok has such an applet even though I use it every day (v. 2.3.2) maybe it isn't there.
      I think that an obvious name like that would be good if it was e.g. in a context like Amarok but for a standalone applet it should distinguish itself a bit more.

I'm currently leaning against Evocation or maybe Evocator even though it's a bit against my own argumentation 😉

5. 9
    Gallaecio says:

What about “Concerts Around” or “Music Around”?

6. 10
    tanghus says:

I ended up with Evocation as suggested by kudlaty. Thanks for all the good suggestions.