Google Translator 0.4.3 released

Updated my Google Translator Plasmoid to version 0.4.3.

Head on to Google Code or KDE-Look for downloads or get it via "Add Widgets" from the Plasma Desktop.

Changes can be found in the Changelog.

Flattr this!

Google Translator 0.4.2 released

Finally I got to update my Google Translator Plasmoid to version 0.4.2.


Changes since I last updated this blog includes:

  • 0.4.2
    Much improved error handling when no network connection using Solid. The Plasmoid is now disabled until a connection is established instead of just giving up and dying 😉
    The Plasmoid is now installed under the "Language" section.
  • 0.4.1
    Improved KIO handling to be able to handle longer text while at the same time limit text to 1200 characters to avoid errors on too long queries.
  • 0.4
    Added a "Swap languages" button.
    TransferJobs are no longer shown in KDE Notifier.
  • 0.3.2
    Languages weren't sorted after change to KLocale.
  • 0.3.1
    Quick fix for layout error when adding Plasmoid.
  • 0.3
    Use KLocale for getting languages. This cuts down on code lines and it will i18n the language names. Also I don't have to keep up with the number of Google translations. It's now a race between Google and KDE 😉
    Act on no network connection.
    Added nice little Google attribution logo :-)

Flattr this!

2 new Plasmoids

For the last 2-3 weeks I have been working on a couple of scripted Plasmoids for KDE4.x written in Python. First I started with the Currency Converter which uses data from Yahoo! Finance. When it was sorta working I figured out that I could create a Google Translator Plasmoid using almost the same code, so now I'm maintaining them concurrently. Well - 'nuff said. Here ther are:

Flattr this!